I generally live a life that is held together by tape, popsicle sticks, and elmer’s glue. Right before Brooklyn, I fell into some of my old terrible habits pretty hard. It’s just time to pull it together and try to move forward….after an entire weekend of slacking. I can’t lie. Welcome to The Den of Slack!!! That’s where I was residing and it was wonderful except for the part where my casita looks like I live with the Rat King.
Once again here I am blogging about ways to pull it together. I’m starting to think being a grown-up is a series of peaks and valleys of one having their ish together only to have it crumble and start over again. Maybe the real grown-ups are the ones just always starting over…but without complaint or blogging lists? I’m not sure…I’m fairly certain I’m not one of those people. I’m the one trying to do while being only slightly drunk.
I’m more of a Bridget Jones person. With that in mind, here are my little goals for the week and some things I will be attempting to improve on after that. Time to take off these bathing suit bottoms I’ve been prancing around in and put on my big girl panties…yes, the ones with extra tummy support because that is what my tubby tummy needs.
WEEK ONE (this week!) Keeping it simple with two LIFE goals & two work goals.
1) DRINK 6 CUPS OF WATER A DAY
2) WORK OUT 4X THIS WEEK
3) RESET MY OFFICE PHONE WITH THE CORRECT MESSAGE (this sounds easy but involves working with crappy shared campus services and making new passwords and to be honest I hate getting voicemails….please send me an email).
4) FINISHING MY LAST 50 PETITIONS OF SPRING!!! I have no idea when I will get this done but it NEEDS to be done.
Strategies I’ve put in place to ensure success:
1) Signed up for 4 bar method classes
2) Placed water cups all around me, bought some coconut water, drinking water as I type this
3) I read this article for work about getting ish done!!! It had some good tips!
Welcome to June – Getting Back on The Grown-Up Train!!
Time to drink some more of my water, do some work, and try to stay motivated for Bar Method tonight. BLARGHH!!!
Send me some suedo Monday motivation on Tuesday! Or at least your best grown up tips!!!