I still have that little vacation glow where I can pause to hear the ocean in my mind, letting the waves crash on my legs, and smell the beach air. In the moments of 5 million emails, too many appointments and not of enough coffee, I call upon the ocean and felt a little better. Still relaxed and that is why I love vacation.
Speaking of vacations and fun…the VMAs last night. Any other old ladies watch? That was so UNDER WHELMING!!! I’m glad I’m old. Just a few notes, it wasn’t that great. But here are my thoughts.
1. Ariana Grande, you are so cute! You remind me of Christina Aguillera 10 years ago before the Dirrty phase.
2. Taylor Swift, seriously you are tactless and now I kinda think a bad person. The whole snake comment was not very nice especially since it was just one of Nicki Minaj’s back-up dancers (bite by a snake and had to be rushed to hospital). I’m unaware of any beef that you may have with Nicki but let’s just keep it real you’re 5’7 and what 90 pounds dripping wet? Nicki will beat your ass….I was never into your whiny pop ex boyfriend flavor of the month music anyways but sheesh.
3. Damn Nicki….anaconda…you’re like if Lil’ Kim & Madonna had a baby. Not sure what to do with you but bringing the theatrics.
4. Miley Cyrus….the fake crying, sending up a homeless youth that for all I know you tried to buy drugs from earlier in the night…Jeez. You need to get rid of these yes people and have someone to check you, Miley. I don’t even know what to do with it. Thank god, Jimmy Fallon was up there to help that young man out.
5. Blue Ivy you are a cutie. Beyonce had the best performance but that’s not saying a whole lot.
6. Eating Peanut Butter Ice cream not knowing who half these young people are is half the fun of being an old lady watching the VMAs.
Alright my pretties, this old lady has to jet because I need to watch the Emmy’s…a show where I actually know who people are and black tie is not optional.