Holla Interwebbies! Make some noise if ya here me!
My holiday break is drawing to a close and tomorrow I need to return to work like everybody else. Damn. The holiday was busy as hell but filled with fun,some good peeps, crazy familia, and my quarantine monkey sickness. Nobody gets perfect, kids.
Today I have a handful of to-dos on my little return to work Grinch list.
- Clean the kitchen (hosting and the fact I cooked zucchini noodles last night turned that place into a mini nightmare after Christmas). I mean we cleaned, hosted, cooked repeat and last night we only made it to the cooked part. Aghhh… At least I soaked that shizz
- Run. Today is the day, people. My sorry, flat booty is getting up and hitting the pavement. Wish me luck.
- Juicing! Today I am making my own green juice to get some much needed veggies. My body has been overloaded on booze and delicious food with minimal nutritional content.
- Make my breakfast for the work week & at least tomorrows lunch.
Everything else is OPTIONALLY ONLY!
I still can’t believe its 2015! How is it here, already. As I sit here and type this with my mimosa…I’m still just like DAMN. Yep, we’re having mimosas. Family drama erupted in a big way for my boy so I am nothing if not supportive. Clearly, drinking resolves unnecessary stress from family drama. Is there any other way to get through the holidays 😉
In that vein, here are a few other things that I’ve made note of while on holiday break:
- Combining Dayquil and wine is perfectly safe as long as someone else is driving.
- Your partner will freak out if you go to bed with a cough drop in your mouth even if you promise you are not about the fall asleep. I swear I will not choke to death!
- Staying in bed surrounded by tissues is depressing.
- You probably have enough food for your guests and besides they came to see you. Don’t trip about only cooking a dozen egg muffins. Especially since there’s bagels, bacon, chips & salsa…you’re being cray.
- Do worry about having enough booze, your guests are drunks like you 😉
- On that note, you can never have enough champagne.
- I discovered the best dinner party game ever!!! We went around and asked the James Lipton Inside the Actor’s Studio 10 questions! I highly recommend it!
- Reading is a great distraction when you’re sick. I still managed to plow through two books this break. Seriously, I love reading. Station 11 was an easy read but still provoked a lot of thoughts on the topic of dystopia and post apocalypse.
- I think I’ve gained some holiday weight…well my pants told me but I felt like Monday is a good day to step on that b-i, the scale. I mean Mondays are bound to be rough so might as well save the pain. Speaking of Monday, no clue I’ve what’s available to wear to work tomorrow. Sad face.
- You’re ready for vacay to end when your boyfriend’s endless comments during your shows/movie are driving you insane. Meanwhile your comments during playoffs would drive him insane…jerkface 😉
Now that I’ve shared those helpful tidbits, I should really get in the shower and start tackling my list. Otherwise, I may stay on my couch continuing to drink and surf the internet. Although the blaring football is making the shower move more and more appealing. Perhaps an 80’s themed shower. Ya know, blaring a little almost paradise as I wash my hair.
Enjoy your Sunday Fun Day or chore day, kids!
Your moment of zen.
You can thank me later.