Alright peeps, it’s been a minute since I ran over to our corner of the Interwebbies to kick it with you. My apologies, if it’s any consolation, I’ve half written two or three posts that just never made it out of the draft box.
Let’s bust out those glorious bullet points and bring us all up to speed. Shall we?
WORK OUTS OF THE PAST! AKA LAST WEEK
- I hit up two runs, a 5 miler and an 8 miler – Holla!
- I attended a Hipline class – Shimmy Pop
- Hipline is basically work out dancing for old ladies that don’t go to the club but miss going to the club. Heads up, there is VERY little instruction but it’s very very fun. You’re learning simple dance moves to each song, you’re barefoot, and just doing your best. Bonus – the room has club lighting aka dark and there’s a disco ball.
- Here’s a shimmy pop flash mob but keep in mind you’re doing this in a darkened studio with no shame – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0LwRoV8hno
WORKOUTS OF THE FUTURE! AKA THIS WEEK
- Yesterday, I did a lovely 5 miler that Strava only half recorded. Absolute sad face!!!!
- Thursday – another 5 miler aka running home from work – BAM!
- Saturday – 9 miler ….here we go…eek!
- Friday night, I’m gonna try to do some serious stretching with light weights but ya know….Friday workouts.
OTHER NEWS – BESIDES MY FITNESS AND MAYBE A LITTLE FITNESS…..in no particular order
- I’m going to see Dirty Dancing at the Movie Theater on Saturday – Woo Woo!!! I mean seriously….how awesome is that. Sure, I hate Valentine’s Day but I LOVE ME SOM DIRTY DANCING…..Nobody puts baby in the corner.
- Yep, that was also a bullet.
- I love/hate registering for races early. It’s awesome because races are generally hella hella cheap early on and they usually offer an additional discount. Right? But then you sign up and two months later, you can’t do the damn race. San Jose 408k – I’m going to have to cancel on you because I’m pretty sure I’ll be hungover post-wedding and a 2 hour drive away. Also I wrote down March 7th in my planner and not March 1st. I figure if I drink $30.00 worth of booze at the wedding – it’s a zero sum win.
- I’m thinking of extending my half training after March to FULL MARATHON training. Is that crazy? I’ve never done a marathon and thought suddenly terrifies and excites me all at the same time. Thoughts?
- I last 3 lbs last week but I preceded to have happy hour cocktails, indian food, and maybe a LOT of cheese over the weekend. This Friday, could be precarious.
- I made a really bomb Butternut squash, Sausage, and Kale Lasagna. You should check out the recipe here! I’m so digging her website.
- FYI, that shizz refrigerates beautifully and for lunch I just put some fresh kale underneath my yummy lasagna and heated in the work microwave for 5 minutes – DELISH!
- Jimmy Fallon continues to make me laugh with his West Coast Tonight show – watch this!
- Work is heating up and I’m keeping my head up like Tupac says but the first two weeks of Spring term are always brutal. Why are my students so crazy!!! Sigh, bebes you need to consume less coffee. I on the other hand could probably use some more.
I promise to try and post a little more regularly but I’m still here! Still running! And definitely a hot mess express!!!