I WILL NOT
- Stress shop
- Spend more than I earn
- Say yes to dinners, parties, and events I cannot afford
- Buy lunch more than once a week (baby steps)
- Be chronically late and take an uber to work
- Binge on cookies, cupcakes, or other sugar disasters provided in the office
- Budget every month
- Review all credit cards and stop spending!
- Workout three times a week
- Make my lunch
- Eat more healthy snacks
- Drink water
- Clean room and closet on a far more regular basis
- Donate clothes I do not wear
- Write three times a week as stress relief/reflective practice
I just ordered a pizza on my credit card and ate the last of some Talenti gelato because perspective. However some Bridget Jones style life goaling was in order. July, you have fucked me over but I will not be defeated. I will take my broke ass and get focused!!!! I will get back on the hamster wheel of grown-upness and make it happen.
Tomorrow I will get on the scale, cry, get off the scale, and work out. I will buy vegetables for consumption from the farmer’s market or Trader Joe’s. I will not spend money on beautiful, expensive, organic food from Whole Foods…money that I do not have. Oh and I will buy dish soap because I should also wash dishes.
I requested off two days from work to clean out my closet and get rid of crap. I’m going to actually finish that damn Marie Kondo book.
Step 1) Bridget Jones type journaling.
Step 2) Read Marie Kondo book. Clearly reading self help type book = grown up.
Step 3) Start working out over the next week in lead up to “4 day staycation aka grown-up retreat.”
Step 4) Read Whole30 to prepare for paleo type eating in mid-August/September.
Ok, so I took off 8/8 & 8/9 on a whim based on a workshop I was at on Thursday. Let me back up, Thursday the University held a professional development conference for staff. I selected a couple of workshops primarily on balance, mindfulness, and putting your vision into action. Cheesy, I know. There was still some solid shizz discussed though and I walked away with some useful tips. One such tip was take vacation! JUST DO IT! Even if you’re broke and can’t go anywhere. So I’m having my own grown-up little staycation and going to focus on some me stuff that I want to fuckin’ tackle.
BROKE GIRL STAYCATION
- Workout every day (maybe even twice a day). I’m going to take a Hipline class, barre method, and do some running.
- Wash all my clothes.
- Donate everything I don’t wear.
- Organize closet.
- Read everyday.
- Drink smoothies.
- Eat healthy lunch salad.
- No tv (unless on in background while closet working ie Gilmore Girls on Netflix)
- Listen to music and podcasts only.
- Do some mindful/reflective zen shizz about what I want, what makes me happy, and ways to improve life.
That was some solid work, peeps. I’m drinking water not booze and going to watch some Great British Baking and call it a night.