HOW HAS IT BEEN TWO WEEKS???
Sorry Interwebs…I am a constant state of sorry but blogging doesn’t keep the lights on and my tummy full.
Let’s catch up, shall we?
My Pure Barre membership ended and it was time for something new. Don’t get it twisted, I so so enjoyed my time at Pure Barre. It was an adjustment at first since it differed far more than I expected from Bar Method. The cardio aspect is heightened in Pure Barre and you will work up a sweat. I experienced some small but great changes in my body from the beginning of the month until the end. If the monthly membership wasn’t $225 (yikes) per month, I would have kept it up. As a result I jumped on the ClassPass bandwagon with it’s budget friendly $100 price tag. Also bonus points, Pure Barre and the Dailey Method both have studios in my hood that accept ClassPass.
ClassPass does have some downsides though, you can only sign up for a class a week in advance. The release all new classes on noon each day for the following week. Basically if you work out a couple times of week, you have to always be logging in. Inconvenient but not terrible. If you cancel a class less than 12 hours from the class, you face a $15 cancellation fee. BLARGH. If you no-show, it’s 20 bucks. AGHH!!! That said your membership fees could jump up quite quickly if you have a lot of unexpected events in your life or meetings go long. This is definitely the biggest downside.
The other biggie is that you can only take a maximum of 3 classes per studio a month. Now, there are tons of studios in my neighborhood and I did the research to ensure that there were at least 3 studios I was likely to attend with classes that fit my schedule. I figured if I attended 8 classes per month it was worth it but 10 would be ideal. If there aren’t enough studios in your area, ClassPass really won’t work.
I’ve hit up the following so far!
- Corepower Yoga Sculpt (heated power yoga with weights) – Core Power Yoga
- I’ve done Bikram yoga before and this was way way CRAZIER and harder.
- Class description: A total body workout, CorePower Yoga Sculpt classes are set to energizing music and designed to tone and sculpt every major muscle group. This class complements your regular yoga practice, while boosting your metabolism and pushing your strength and flexibility to new heights. Free weights are added to the CorePower Yoga 2 (C2) sequence, creating resistance and intensifying each pose. Strength-training exercises such as squats, lunges, bicep curls and tricep curls are incorporated to build lean muscle mass. You will see visible results in your body. Class is heated (92 – 95 degrees) with little added humidity.
- Total Body Burn (TRX) – BURN
- Our unique Method draws upon the very best aspects of Pilates, Cardio and Strength Training to create a body sculpting, heart-pumping 55-minute workout.
- They even have a little video
- So….yeah that KICKED my ass. I didn’t love it but I definitely know I was getting a good workout. If I keep ClassPass, I’m sure I’ll go at least once a month.
- Shimmy Pop – Hipline
- Straight from their website: A Hipliner can expect each choreographer, trained in different disciplines from ballet, Afro-Hatian and Hip-Hop, to lead the class in dancing to the moon and back, every time. Placing value on the concept of ‘whole health’, Hipline is a place to not only come and dance at any level, but to belong. Offering classes in Shimmy Pop, a one-hour Choreographer led dance experience and Power Pop, a conditioning class to support muscles and movement in Shimmy Pop; the studio’s approach to fitness is rooted in celebrating the female body’s strength and beauty at any stage.
- My Thoughts: I’ll be back! It’s basically a dance party in the day time or on Friday night for old ladies like myself. I have so much fun and you get hella sweaty. It’s a win-win but you have to be willing to get a silly and not be super intense about instruction or form. No one’s coming over to correct your posture and at several points in the class you’ll have some free dance/movement. Without a doubt I’m gonna hit my 3 times at this studio and it’s a good one to schedule when you don’t want to work out. The fun level without a doubt will make you commit…well and that $15 fee.
I’m planning this and initially there was some stress but it’s coming along. Now it’s just trying to stay under budget….these things aren’t cheap but I only have one sister and I’m determined to have it kick ass.
But so many deposits…on my credit cards…arghhhh…I know I will get it back but still so stressful….remain calm.
It’s going…I still suck and go over but I’m getting better. Baby steps, right?
LABOR DAY MADE ME EXTRA BROKE
Drinking and ubering everywhere all weekend broke my little pocket book. It was way way too much fun and after 5 bars in San Francisco, I felt like I maximized my going out. I planned to stay home for the rest of the month but then my Dad came to visit and that lead to some winetasting, more ubering, and a brewery spot….yep, I’m grounded for the rest of the month due to self induced poverty.
RUNNING…..hello…is it me you’re looking for?
I still haven’t run post marathon….I haven’t really had the urge but I’m sure it will come back.