My sleep has been out of whack for what feels like weeks. I had no idea how important sleep is until I was about 32….I mean napping yes but sleeping not so much. Now that I’m about to be 35 (yikes), I know how effing important sleep is but I don’t always get it.
Sleeping plays a big role in all this shizz. Thanks Google.
- Sleep improves your ability to learn…or remember all those bad ideas from your morning meeting.
- When you sleep your heart is healing….just repairing blood vessels, no big deal.
- Sleep helps us maintain healthy weight or lose weight….aka no sleep effs up your hormones.
- When well rested, I’m a nicer person.
Anyways….this week I’m going to PRIORITIZE sleeping like the old lady I am. This means no working out (not like I’ve been doing much of that lately) to ensure I’m home to tackle chores and be in bed by 10:00pm. It seems a little crazy but I just need to get rest, wake up on time, show up to work on time, and not be a zombie while I’m there.
I guess this is a good time as any to also throw down some Febuary goals. January is duzo and this month feels like it’s moving even quicker. I promise before this week is up to take a look at my January goals…..blargh….failing is the new winning, right??? Yea, not so much.
FEBRUARY GOALS – KICKING ME IN THE FACE
- Begin working on getting to bed on time
- Packing my lunch during the Week of the 15th, 22nd, and 29th
- side note – we had guests this past weekend and haven’t yet gone to the grocery store so I’m cutting myself some slack. Realism, homies.
- Healthy dinners
- Being present at the office….simmer down on the day dreaming.
I’m struggling with a particular work project…a committee I’ve sat on for nearly five years despite my requests to continue to build my skill set. The frustration is heavily impacting my joy in being in the office and my performance. I’m sure I will have an additional post on that later.
Alright kids, I’m off to tackle some work. Hope your February is filled with heart shaped candies.