MARATHON TRAINING UPDATES!
- Week 5 (last week) was a goodie and a baddie.
- Baddies included only getting in 2 of my 4 scheduled runs. YIKES!
- Goodies included that I did my Wednesday 7 miler and the big ole 13.1 miles on Saturday!
- Goodie is I fueled with almond butter and NO ISSUES! Thank you Justin’s Nut Butter!
- Baddie is that we’re officially headed into uncharted waters in Week 6 since….um…yeah I’ve never run past 13.1 miles
- Goodie is that WHOA I’M GOING TO RUN FARTHER!
- Week 6 just started with a lovely 5 miler on Monday. Holla. I felt good afterwards and even did a little ab work while watching the last 20 minutes of Call of the Midwife. I heart PBS.
BUDGET AND POOR GIRL UPDATES!
- I was a pro and saved for my Hawaii plane ticket, air BNB, and have a nice little chunk of change saved for Hawaii drinks, luau, adventures. None went on my credit card!!!! Holla! I leave on the 20th eek!
- I saved for my Budapest ticket and wrote that nice check to my boyfriend. We will be buying our tickets hopefully this week. No credit card!!! Winning
- I’m doing my best to live within my means but my credit cards are pretty mostly static….no movement which sucks. Although I’m doing some research and working on killing one.
- More research on loan forgiveness for public interest employees but I still need to consolidate my loans to Direct Loans to be eligible so that will probably be a task post ALOHA vacay.
- Sigh, it sucks to in debt but I’m going to do my best to really stay committed. This weekend I didn’t buy some on sale Aldo shoes ($50) that I know I would of worn a lot but A) they weren’t in my budget B) what I really needed are sandals for Hawaii. I just said no and walked away.
- Baby steps!
I’m super excited for Hawaii!!! I still need to get a few travel sized things for the plane and maybe two day dresses (on the cheap). I’m hoping to get two dresses that I can use in Budapest and some other Summer activities but need to keep it under $30 dollars or so. I’m going to use my swim suits from last summer. I bought two for Zhiutanejo last August so those babies will do.
I also need to pick up a book or two for the beach and flight. Love vacation reading!!! It’s the absolute best. I can’t believe I’m leaving in 8 days!!!
I FACE THE SEVEN MILER TODAY. IT’S MY FIRST LONGISH WEEK DAY RUN FOR MARATHON TRAINING AND THAT ISH IS CRAY.
SEVEN MILES ON A WEDNESDAY!!! WHO DOES THAT??? APPARENTLY ME AND PEOPLE THAT WRITE BLOG POSTS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
True story, in real life my handwriting is all caps block style letters. Anyways, today I have to run seven miles and will have to face that fateful piece of sidewalk that burned my ass last week. Well actually my right lower leg but you get the drift. P.S. my leg is finally getting bits of that nice purple-y shade. I keep debating whether or not to post my bruised leg. I mean it’s a badge of running honor, right?
I’m going to run without musica for the first five miles to ensure I don’t wipe out again. Hashtag paranoia. I always laugh when I spell out hashtag it makes me feel so old and crotchety which I enjoy. The last three miles as I loop around the lake will involve some 80’s pandora.
Besides running I’ve been focused on the upcoming Mama’s Day. Holla if you love your mama!!! My mom is the best and I can’t wait to kick it with her this weekend. My sister and I are treating her to a little pampering with a pedicure on Sunday and probably some kinda of breakfast yumminess. Not gonna lie, I’m looking forward to having someone take care of my sad running feet too. I always think gifts that are activities ie pedicure, restaurant, movies, concerts, etc are the best since my mom has everything she needs and is impossible to shop for.
In other randomness:
- I WANT TO MAKE THIS!!! YUMMERS!
- Novela in San Francisco is my new favorite bar. Have the punch trio. I got tequila, white, and pisco.
- I’ve been avoiding trying on bathing suits because BLARGH but I only have two more weeks until Hawaii!!! Hooraz so basically only two more weeks until this!
Alright kids, let’s make this humpty hump happen!
11 miles down….
This bruised lbg put on her big girl panties and got her run on yesterday. After biting the dust hard core on Monday, I took a few days off for my knee and leg to heal up a bit. I did try and get a lot of walking in but otherwise there was no fitness going on until my long run on Sunday. It went really well…HOORAZ! I put on my Pandora 80s station and went out to run without any goals other than just completing the damn 11 miles.
I also worked on fueling and took GU at mile 5.5 and mile 8….sigh, GU is not delicious and I’m struggling with that. I think it’s honey like texture is just really hard for me to get down even with water. I’m going to try nut butter for this upcoming 13 miler on Saturday.
In other news:
- Fighting with my Insurance Company over a plan change and I have to send in a million things. I’m healthy, believe me!!! I signed up for the wrong thing and only now 3 years later realized it and dude I’m training for a marathon!!! C’mon!
- This Entertainment Weekly Article explains all my feeling and questions regarding last Thursday’s Grey’s Anatomy episode.
- Yes, I still watch Grey’s….I’m addicted and probably need an intervention.
- I slept three hours last night because my brain would NOT turn off!!! As a result I may need to break down and buy an afternoon coffee…..sigh, I am ready to put my face on this keyboard and snoozzzeee.
- I’m watching Empire (finally) and LOVING it!!! That show is sooo good and I love that I can watch 2-3 at a time since the season is over. Binge watching is the best!! Cookie is so bad ass. No words.
- Today I’m am feeling worthless at work as a result of said lack of sleep. I’m supposed to run 4 miles but am just feeling so tired….arghhhh, being committed to a training plan is so hard.
Happy Monday Kids.